This document explains how Blessed Transport Holdings Pty Ltd trading as Glide taxi, company number ABN 95 612 281 606, registered at Suite 1A, 80-84 New South Head Road, Edgecliff, 2027, NSW, Australia, (“Glide taxi”, “we”, “us” and “our”) processes information about you which is personally identifiable (“Your Information”) when you use any of the Glide taxi services (including the Glide taxi App or Site), whether you are a driver, passenger or simply a visitor.
Information which we may collect
We only hold personal information about you which is reasonably necessary for Glide taxi services to function.
We may collect the following information about you:
- your name, contact details, registration or profile information, reporting information about your use of any Glide taxi service;
- details required so that we can make payment to you or collect fees;
- ratings information
- location data during when you are online;
- driver performance, operational and financial details;
- any other information you provide to us when using any Glide taxi services
- registration and payment details;
- ratings information;
- location information, your trip start and end points and route taken;
- any other information you provide to us when using any Glide taxi service
- cookies information
- other data that you choose to provide to us;
App Store Permissions (Google Play Store and Apple App Store)
So that we can provide all users with a great experience, we need to access certain functions on your mobile phone. That is why when you install our App you will be asked to provide us with permission to access these functions, which are set out below. Glide taxi will never access any of your private information such as, your contacts, your media, your photos or any other personal information which you do not directly provide to us, or is not set out as per below.
In order to enable location based pick-up and drop-off our App is required to use location services. Without location services our App will not be able to function. Location of Passenger is not collected when the App is not in use.
We provide passengers and drivers with the ability to contact each other via a phone call. We use VOIP technology to mask phone numbers so that the driver and passenger do not exchange contact numbers. So that our App can initiate a call to our VOIP services, our App requires access to make a phone call. We do not use this function for any other purpose.
So that both passengers and drivers can easily identify each other we allow for a profile photo to be added. So that you can add a photo to our App access to media is requested. For drivers, this function also allows for identification and accreditation to be provided. We only ever access media which you expressly provide to us.
We store your device ID in order to increase security of our services. We do not use this information for any other purpose.
How we may use your information
- To provide Glide taxi services to you including processing any bookings and/or payments;
- Your contact details may be used to notify you about changes to any Glide taxi service or respond to any communication or request from you;
- Unless you have advised us that you do not want to receive marketing communications, to provide you with marketing communications about our products and services and those of third parties which we think may be of interest to you. This may also include marketing communications on social media platforms (including Facebook) used by you. You can ask us to stop sending you marketing communications by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in any marketing email we send you;
- To monitor the use of any Glide taxi services;
- To investigate any complaints or potential breaches of the service;
- Debt recovery, credit management and crime, fraud and money laundering detection and prevention;
- If you are a driver to provide you and other drivers with reports including aggregate information based on other drivers’ operation and financial performance (
- this information will always be aggregate, anonymous information and will never identify you to any other driver).
Enhanced Data with Diners Club
If you use a Diners Club charge card to pay for any Glide taxi services we will send trip details to Diners Club.
We say set cookies and access these cookies. Only Glide taxi services will have access to these cookies.
How we protect your information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access Glide taxi services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Information, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to the service; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
The period of time which we keep your information varies according to what the information is used for. Unless there is a specific legal requirement for us to keep information for a specific period of time, we will keep your information for as long as is reasonably required, relevant and useful for the purpose for which it was provided to us including for collecting any monies you owe.
We will also continue to hold your information, if you do not register with us, if your registration or is declined, or even after you have closed your account or your arrangements with us have been terminated by you or us or payment details have been deleted. We will only hold this information for such period of time as is reasonably necessary for the purpose of dealing with enquiries, offering any Glide taxi services you may be interested in, complying with any legal obligation, for crime and fraud prevention and detection and for recovering any monies you owe.
We take security seriously. So that we can prevent unauthorised access we have put in place suitable security measure in order to protect your data.
Access to your personal information
We rely primarily upon customers advising us when personal information changes.
Under the National Privacy Principles, a person can access personal information that we hold about him or her although there are some exceptions to this. He or she also has the right to request that we correct information about him or her which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
To ensure the integrity and safety of personal information, we will only disclose such information to persons if our internal procedures are satisfied and as required by law.
We may refuse to provide a person with information we hold about him or her if:
- to do so would in the case of personal information, pose a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of any individual; or providing access would have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of other individuals
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious
- the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between us and that person, and the information would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings
- providing access would reveal our intentions in relation to negotiations with the person in such a way as to prejudice those negotiations
- providing access would be unlawful
- denying access is required or authorised by or under law;
- providing access would be likely to prejudice an investigation of possible unlawful activity
- providing access would be likely to prejudice the prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution or punishment of criminal offences, breaches of a law imposing a penalty or sanction or breaches of a prescribed law, the enforcement of laws relating to the confiscation of the proceeds of crime; the protection of the public revenue; the prevention, detection, investigation or remedying of seriously improper conduct or prescribed conduct, the preparation for, or conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal, or implementation of its orders by or on behalf of an enforcement body; or
- an enforcement body performing a lawful security function asks us not to provide access to the information on the basis that providing access would be likely to cause damage to the security of Australia.
For further information, please contact our Privacy Officer;
Tel: (02) 9549 3200
Mail: Suite 1A, 80-84 New South Head Road, Edgecliff, 2027, NSW
Updated January 2017